DRESSING FOR SUCCESS
BY JEN AUH
When it comes to first impressions, how you dress is a game changer. Not only this, but consistently dressing for success creates a perception of you that people will associate with respect, motivation, and qualification. People who present themselves tastefully are always associated with diligence and achievement.
All the way back when I first started my career, I was introduced to the world of corporate fashion. I have always paid special attention to how I am perceived, but from that moment forward it became even more obvious just how important dressing for success can be. I am sure you all have also come to the same realization. Dressing well consistently is impressive and influential.
KEY TIPS TO DRESS FOR SUCCESS
Just as I wondered many years ago, you may be wondering how to go about building the habit of dressing for success. Over the years I’ve accumulated these pointers that help immensely in building outfits that exude confidence and competence.
– The first is the most obvious: dress elegantly and with professionalism. This means incorporating classic silhouettes into your outfits.
– A tailored suit will never go out of style.
– Also, be loyal to your color palette. While there is nothing wrong with exploring colors and patterns, being consistent with the colors that suit you best will encourage a cohesive and reliable image.
THE IMPORTANCE OF THE ACCESSORIES
– Keep your footwear polished. The shoes have the power of taking the outfit to the next level. Choose footwear that complements your wardrobe and the level of formality to dress for success.
– Stay refined but simple. High-quality items are great investments. Yet, avoid being too flashy. You want your image to be flattering but not distracting.
– In the same way, opt for a more subtle use of colognes and accessories.
– Take good care of your looks and mind the details. This means wearing clean and well-fitted clothing.
– Lastly, less is more. Keep your look sophisticated, timeless, and classy.
DRESSING FOR SUCCESS ON YOUR DAILY LIFE
The fun and beautiful thing about fashion is that it reaches all corners of life. So far, I have mostly talked about dressing for the world of business, but dressing for success is something you can do in your day-to-day life. The impressions you make on people are endless. You never know when you will make an important connection.
– When it comes to exercise, for instance, I recommend wearing monochrome outfits or staying in one color range. There are also many ways to incorporate more formal fashion elements into casual outfits, upgrading these outfits while still maintaining comfortability and ease.
– A personal favorite of mine is loafers, which work well for both men and women. If you have not already, find yourself the perfect pair of loafers that you can wear both to work and out and about on the street. They will become your go-to shoe in no time.
– Dressing for success has transformed my life for the better. When you dress for success, you are able to look more confident. Looking confident means feeling confident, and vice versa. Confidence is the kind of thing that others not only easily recognize but also easily respect.
– The key is to embrace yourself and your identity. One of my favorite things about being an image consultant is creating the perfect blend of personality and professionalism in a person’s wardrobe. This tailored mix is the secret to confidently dressing for success.
NEW BOOK AND APP COMING SOON
I share more tips and tricks on how to build an elite image consulting business that helps people dress for success in my first book STYiLES, available on August 22nd. Sign up to get your copy and learn more about the world of professional image consulting.
Moreover, the updated STYiLES app will be launched on September 1. Sign up for the pre-launch of the app to be among the first who enjoy all the benefits it offers. With STYiLES 2.0, you will be able to attract more customers and provide them a great client experience.